What is MedARTation?

"MedARtation is a concept. Crafts are known to be relaxing, good for reducing stress & improving health. Share in my journey, create wonderful gifts or unique pieces to keep & most importantly, take time out of this busy world for you. Thanks for dropping in x "

Carry on Crafting #COC, #MedARTation

NB: I do not mind if you make the projects from this blog, but please could you credit me in any pictures/links or promotional material you use & kindly not market any of my creations as your own original designs. Thanks x

Monday 6 August 2012

Felt Crafts....Getting Started.

I've decided to have a go at Felt Crafts...and why not?

It looks relatively straight forward (I think!), I can sew (a bit) and the end results look colourful and fun.
I have ordered a book to help me on my way, but until then I am relying on web searches and good old fashioned improvisation!

I also popped down to a local 'craft store' for some supplies and guess what....felt is really cheap! Less than 50p a sheet which isn't bad..unless you are like me and get carried away - one of every colour please sir!

I have got:
A range of felt colours
Embroidary threads - you can split the strands to make it last longer
Needles - with BIG eyes to make threading easier
Stick on eyes - they make things look so cute
Scissors & a marker pen for drawing templates (well I had those anyway)
A roll of Jute for hanging loops (Super cheap ~ £1.50 for a roll that will last forever)
Stuffing
And a big plastic box to put it all in ;o)


I did also buy some PVA glue - just incase and at the supermarket found packets of pre-cut felt shapes which could be good for added decorations.

Now....what shall I make to MedARTate?

No comments:

Post a Comment