What is MedARTation?

"MedARtation is a concept. Crafts are known to be relaxing, good for reducing stress & improving health. Share in my journey, create wonderful gifts or unique pieces to keep & most importantly, take time out of this busy world for you. Thanks for dropping in x "

Carry on Crafting #COC, #MedARTation

NB: I do not mind if you make the projects from this blog, but please could you credit me in any pictures/links or promotional material you use & kindly not market any of my creations as your own original designs. Thanks x

Sunday 19 August 2012

MedARTation Project 2....A Festive Felt Penguin

Before I went away I was able to make a really cute Penguin which will look great hanging on the Christmas Tree...CHRISTMAS TREE!!!?? .....yes I know it's only August, but it's best to plan ahead.

MedARTation  and crafting take time....well...for beginners like me anyway.

The starting point for my Penguin was 2 Arches which I found on the shapes function of my word processor. The feet are a circle cut in half and the rest is pretty self explainatory.


To give a bit of extra sparkle and 'ice-magic' I bought some white felt with a glittery silver snowflake print on. I also bought some sequins and think they look great on my Penguin and give it that 'Christmassy' touch.


1. Sew the sequins onto the belly and then the belly onto the body using straight stitches
2. Straight stitch the white eyes onto the grey surround
3. Straight stitch the grey surround and beak onto the body
4. Sew the feet on the bottom using a Backstitch
5. Whip Stitch the 2 pieces of the body together - Don't forget to add the loop and leave a gap at the end to add the stuffing.
6. Stick on the eyes
7. Stand back and admire your handy work



I'm really enjoyed with this MedARTation project.....next: Gingerbread cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment