What is MedARTation?

"MedARtation is a concept. Crafts are known to be relaxing, good for reducing stress & improving health. Share in my journey, create wonderful gifts or unique pieces to keep & most importantly, take time out of this busy world for you. Thanks for dropping in x "

Carry on Crafting #COC, #MedARTation

NB: I do not mind if you make the projects from this blog, but please could you credit me in any pictures/links or promotional material you use & kindly not market any of my creations as your own original designs. Thanks x

Monday 27 August 2012

MedARTation Project 3...Gingerbread Cookies!

Wow..what a wet week it's been, but that's ok...It gives me more time to spend on my MedARTation Projects and this week I have been making use of Household objects...Cookie Cutters!

I have made these sparkly Gingerbread Christmas Cookies which look good enough to eat and will look great on the Christmas Tree with my other projects. They are so SIMPLE to make too!

Gingerbread Christmas Cookie Decorations

                                                                                    
I Used.......
Cookie Cutters
Paper
Brown/Ginger Felt
White sparkly felt for icing/sequins
Jute for a hanging loop
Stuffing
White/Ginger thread

Cut 3 stars using the cookie cutter as a template.
You will need to make the 3rd star slightly smaller (I did this freehand)

                                                                        
        

Sew the jute loop onto one of the Brown stars
   Make sure its secure
   Its doesn't matter if you sew through to the 
   other side.














 
                                                                         Turn the star over and place the white (icing)
over the brown star.
Make sure you cover up the stitching from where
you attached the Jute!

Sew in place using straight stitches








Place the 2nd bown star behind
Sew together using Whip Stitch

Don't forget to leave a gap so you can add the stuffing and then close up









 TaDa....... the finished product


 
 
I decided afterwards to add some sequins for a bit of extra sparkle!
 
Oops!....It would have been better to add the sequins to the white felt before sewing onto the brown felt.

I used other cookie cutters I had in the cupboards to make other shapes...They'll look great hung in a garland or individually.


I hope you enjoyed this MedARTation project.....I would love you to share your feedback, stories, suggestions and projects.

Next: A Cute Bumble Bee....

No comments:

Post a Comment