What is MedARTation?

"MedARtation is a concept. Crafts are known to be relaxing, good for reducing stress & improving health. Share in my journey, create wonderful gifts or unique pieces to keep & most importantly, take time out of this busy world for you. Thanks for dropping in x "

Carry on Crafting #COC, #MedARTation

NB: I do not mind if you make the projects from this blog, but please could you credit me in any pictures/links or promotional material you use & kindly not market any of my creations as your own original designs. Thanks x

Tuesday 7 August 2012

MedARTation Project 1....A Felt heart

I decided to start with something simple.

Using my 'word processor' program on the computer I was able to draw some shapes and picked HEARTS as they seemed relatively straight forward.
Once printed out and cut out I pinned the templates onto the felt and I was away...I chose some bright colours for a bit of fun too.


I started by straight stitching the blue heart on to the pink one.....it's an easy stitch for a beginner like me.



Once completed, I attached one of the little felt shapes I picked up at the supermarket (a pink flower) using a chain stitch (being adventurous!).....

Oops!.....Would have been better to do this before attaching the blue heart to the pink one to make the sewing a little less hard going, but a simple mistake to make.

Next I had to stitch the two big pink hearts together and attach the Jute string to hang it up...I nearly forgot to do this as I got so carried away with my sewing! I used Blanket stitch for this bit.



Before getting to the end I stuffed the heart with ...well....stuffing, closed it up and Hey Presto! My Finished Felt Heart....chuffed!



This was such a simple MedARTation project and I loved it.... 

I'm thinking of using my felt crafts as Christmas Decorations this year to show them off so will do some more of these hearts in Festive colours.

Please let me know how you get on if you have a go at this project. 
Also, If any of you have any Tips & Tricks to share, I would genuinely love to hear them.

Tomorrows MedARTation project.....A Festive Penguin.


No comments:

Post a Comment