What is MedARTation?

"MedARtation is a concept. Crafts are known to be relaxing, good for reducing stress & improving health. Share in my journey, create wonderful gifts or unique pieces to keep & most importantly, take time out of this busy world for you. Thanks for dropping in x "

Carry on Crafting #COC, #MedARTation

NB: I do not mind if you make the projects from this blog, but please could you credit me in any pictures/links or promotional material you use & kindly not market any of my creations as your own original designs. Thanks x

Sunday 2 September 2012

MedARTate with "The art of Crochet"...

Just back from the supermarket & I purchased the new "Art of Crochet" magazine :o)

www.theartofcrochet.com

I used to love Crochet when I was younger...seemed so much easier than knitting for me, although I never expanded beyond the double & treble stitches. Our school asked for people to make squares for the local Donkey Sanctury so they could make blankets for the winter. Such a great cause.

I tried crochet again recently, but became disheartened as I was ending up with different size squares (*need to work on my tensions) and the stitch I want to master is the Granny Square. I've not cracked it yet, but I'm hoping the DVD & magazine will come to my rescue.

I've wanted to crochet a big Granny Blanket for ages & this comes with a project to help you make one as you learn more & more new stitches (*wool included). I'm very excited!

Did you know?....Granny Blankets have magical mystical qualities...at least, I never fail to feel snug & secure under one on the couch & happily fall asleep.

You should definitely check it out. There are lots of other patterns & tips in there too.

www.theartofcrochet.com

I'll keep you posted on my progress x

Thanks for checking in.


No comments:

Post a Comment