What is MedARTation?

"MedARtation is a concept. Crafts are known to be relaxing, good for reducing stress & improving health. Share in my journey, create wonderful gifts or unique pieces to keep & most importantly, take time out of this busy world for you. Thanks for dropping in x "

Carry on Crafting #COC, #MedARTation

NB: I do not mind if you make the projects from this blog, but please could you credit me in any pictures/links or promotional material you use & kindly not market any of my creations as your own original designs. Thanks x

Saturday 8 September 2012

MedARTation Project 6...Felt Sheep



Following on from my previous post, this is a felt sheep that I made using the same template of 2 overlapping circles...

 
 
I cut the heart in the tummy from some sparkley white felt and with the red bow (cut free hand) I think it has a christmassy touch...know any farmers or sheep lovers??
 
Below are the pictures of how I made it incase you would like to have a go...
 

You will need;
White felt - cut into 2 larger body pieces and 1 smaller underside/belly piece.
                 I used pinking sheers to give a more fluffy look.
Black felt - cut into a heart shape for the face
Heart shape & Bow for accessories of your choosing
1 Pair of googley eyes
A hanging loop
Stuffing

Start by straight stitching the heart & face onto the belly piece then back stitch on the bow. I like to angle to the face piece slightly to give a more inquisative look to the sheep.

Cut the black pipe cleaner to a suitable length to make the arms and legs and then secure these to one of the body pieces. Stitch the hanging loop to this body piece as well. Position the stitching so that they are covered up by the belly when attached (see below)

Secure the belly onto the body and pin in place. Use Straight stitch to secure to the body piece. Finally using back stitch fix the 2 body pieces together, leave a gap for the stuffing and then close up. Stick on a pair of googley eyes and you are done!

NB: Take care not to give this to small children to handle as the eyes may come unstuck over time and present a choking hazard.

I've made a small flock of these sheep and will hang them on the tree. I'm also going to use them to make a mobile for a childs room.....counting sheep makes..you..sleeepy..zzzzzz
Hope you enjoyed this MedARTation project...try it with other colours too (black ,cream sheep or even rainbow sheep).

Next; A felt Snowman decoration

No comments:

Post a Comment