What is MedARTation?

"MedARtation is a concept. Crafts are known to be relaxing, good for reducing stress & improving health. Share in my journey, create wonderful gifts or unique pieces to keep & most importantly, take time out of this busy world for you. Thanks for dropping in x "

Carry on Crafting #COC, #MedARTation

NB: I do not mind if you make the projects from this blog, but please could you credit me in any pictures/links or promotional material you use & kindly not market any of my creations as your own original designs. Thanks x

Saturday 8 September 2012

MedARTation Project 5...Felt Hedgehog

There are a few characters that can be created from using 2 overlaping circles as a template.

My next few projects will be using these to create a Hedgehog, A Sheep and a Snowman!

 
 
I used the shapes function on my word processor to draw the circles and overlap them slightly. I then softened the join to make a smoother shape.

For the hedgehog...

Cut out the felt pieces as shown. I used Pinking Sheers for a spikey effect. The heart & bow were from pre-cut shapes & you will need a pop pom for the nose. You will need 2 brown peices for the body, 1 off-white piece for the underside/belly, 1 heart shaped piece for the face (cream), 4 small grey squares rounded off on one side for paws, a hanging loop & stuffing.
 
Sew the brown pom pom on to a heart shaped piece of cream felt for the face and then stitch 2 eyes using brown thread

Straight stitch the face to the 'Belly' (off-white felt) and sew 4 paws. I used squares of grey felt which I rounded off at the corners.

Add the heart and bow or any other decoration you like

Sew a hanging loop to one of the Brown body pieces. It's ok to stitch all the way through the felt as this will be covered up when you sew the 'belly' on top of it.

Using a back stitch fix the belly to the brown body piece (covering the stitching for the loop) and then back stitch the 2 body pieces together. You need to do this a neat as you can so there is a good finish on both sides. Leave a gap and add your stuffing before closing up.

And here's your finished Felt hedgehogs.

They are pretty straight forward to do and I think they are pretty cute. I'm going to play around with colours and combinations and I'm sure I will enjoy making more of these.
 
I hope you like them.
 
In my next post I will show you how to make a felt sheep using the same template pattern.
 
Thanks for looking at my blog x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment