What is MedARTation?

"MedARtation is a concept. Crafts are known to be relaxing, good for reducing stress & improving health. Share in my journey, create wonderful gifts or unique pieces to keep & most importantly, take time out of this busy world for you. Thanks for dropping in x "

Carry on Crafting #COC, #MedARTation

NB: I do not mind if you make the projects from this blog, but please could you credit me in any pictures/links or promotional material you use & kindly not market any of my creations as your own original designs. Thanks x

Sunday 2 September 2012

MedARTation Project 4...Felt BumbleBee

Good Morning!
What crafts and MedARTation projects have you been up to?
I've been a busy bee experimenting with shapes and have made this cute felt bumblebee:

 
 
Why don't you have a go?.....This is how I did it;
 
I used;
Black felt (body)
Yellow felt - face & stripes
Cream felt - wings and eyes
Black pipe cleaner for tentacles
wobbly eyes
black & gold pom poms
Jute string for hanging loop
Stuffing
Sequins
 
1. Start by straight stitching the eye sockets on, a black pom pom for a nose and stitch a mouth
 
 
2. Bend the black pipe cleaner in half (pre-cut to desired length).
    Stitch the pipe cleaner and a Jute hanging loop on to one of the body pieces
    The stitches will be covered by the yellow circle face so make sure you sew low
    enough to make sure the stitched are covered.


 
3. Attach the yellow face and the stripes. I used straight stitch & back stitch to
   do this I also added a few sequin flowers for some extra detail

 
4. Using black thread backstitch the wings on to the other body piece

 
5. Finally....Pin the 2 pieces together and stitch together using blanket stitch or whip stitch.
    *I used back stitch in the sections where the wings were attached. Don't forget to leave a
    gap for the stuffing.
 
    I then sewed some sparkley black & gold pom poms onto the end of the tentacles, twisted
    them round a pencil to make them into a spiral and glued on the eyes using white PVA glue.

 
I think this bee is super cute...what do you think?
 
I hope you liked this MedARTation project. I would to see some of your creations.


Next I'll be making a Felt Hedgehog.....

Stay smiley x

No comments:

Post a Comment